Karen “KK” Kennedy is the newest team rider of the JP-Australia and the first woman to join the International Team! She’s been part of the JP National Team in the USA since 2016 and started competing in Stand-Up Paddleboard (SUP) racing in 2015. Karen is also a certified personal trainer and a PaddleFit Coach based in Miami, Florida.
Born: 6, August, 1974, USA, Ohio
Weight: 64 kg
Size: 177 cm
Marital Status: Married
Education: Master’s Business and Health Care Administration – National Academy of Sports Medicine, Certified Personal Trainer – PaddleFit Pro Level Coach
SUP since: 2015
JP since: 2016
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/karenkennedyfit/ and https://www.instagram.com/fc2sup/
- HOBBIES: Anything involving movement towards better Health, Fitness, and sharing the love of seeing the world from a stand-up paddleboard.
- BEST DAY IN MY LIFE: The day my horse didn’t buck me off.
- BEST DAY POSSIBLE: AM Workout involving the sunrise and the ocean, followed by breakfast, coaching others toward their new personal best, a few laughs and remembering to be grateful for being so blessed while watching the sunset.
- BEST ‘VACATION’: Italy, Hawaii and Bali
- FAVORITE MUSIC: The Killers, Snow Patrol, Bruno Mars, Mary Mary, J-Lo, Pit Bull, Norah Jones, Enigma, Surge Devant, DJ mixes and podcasts
- FAVORITE BOOK: The Leader without a title, Robin Sharma
- BOOK I READ NOW: Traction
- FAVORITE VEHICLE: Volvo XC-90
- FAVORITE SPOT: Coronado Bay, Morrow Bay, Biscayne Bay, Miami Beach
- FAVORITE JP SUPS: 12’6” x 24” Allwater, 14’ x 23” Flatwater and the Hybrids
- PERSONAL MADNESS & OBSESSIONS: Exploring the world by Paddleboard and building muscle in the body and mind (not just mine, but others)!
- INSPIRED BY: The sunrise and sunset.
- PROUD ABOUT: Being a Special Olympics Coach and being an Athlete Ambassador for the Wings for Life, World Run.
- SPORTS TARGET: Winning Chattajack31, evolving as a Kiteboarder & more SUP Surfing
- THE FUTURE: International!!!
- SPONSORS: JP Austraila-SUP, Adventure Sports, Neil Pryde, MG Surfline & The Good Inside
- MY SLOGAN (WORD I LIVE BY): Take the road less traveled. Be Dynamic, Live Kinetic & Stay Fearless.
- ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU: I prefer to let those things develop on their own. Just believe you can, then get moving!
SUP Racing highlights:
- 1st place at the Florida Winter Nationals;
- 1st place at the Queen of the Bay, Key Largo, USA;
- 2nd place at the Chattajack31, Tennessee, USA;
- 3rd fastest racer in Florida per SUPRacer ranking.
- 1st Carolina Cup, Rec, Wrightsville Beach, USA
- 3rd Chattajack31, Tennessee, USA